Comply with Regulations and Policies
Electronic records management solutions reduce risk and operational cost. That’s the end goal. A disciplined, enterprise-wide records management strategy along with the software functionality ensures organizations can comply with external regulations and internal policies by managing the retention and disposition of content.
A level of consistency that is not possible with disparate systems is achieved when corporate information sources are brought under central governance. Policies are set across all content sources as part of the strategic move to minimize the risk of unmanaged information.
Records Management enhances corporate accountability, ensures regulatory compliance, and minimizes the risks associated with audit and litigation.
- Compliance & Regulations – How do you manage and follow-up on record retention duration to comply with regulatory requirements?
- Expiration – How do you dispose of expired records?
- Security – Are your records secure?
- Search – Can you locate instantly you records?
- Automation – How do you collect and store records?
Organizations gain control by ensuring relevant and pertinent information can be found in a timely manner.
How is Record Management Different from Document Management?
- Record Management systems are context-driven, whereas Document management solutions are content-driven. Indeed, records management systems must preserve not only the content, but its context, nature (insurance records, employment records, etc.) and structure as well since they should be auditable in their original form at any time, even after being archived. For that reason, records are often kept in series or indexes to preserve their proper context.
- Their goals are also different. On one side, the document management systems strive for efficiency, by streamlining the various business processes the documents will go through (approval, review, etc.), while record management systems aims at compliance according to the strict compliance requirements that apply when it comes to their retention, access, preservation, and disposal. When implemented and deployed efficiently, a record management system will help organizations prevent penalties when their records are audited.
- Unlike document management systems, record management solutions are focused on retaining exclusively the necessary documentation under different conditions and for different lengths of time according to stiff laws and regulations. As a result, retention schedules are the cornerstone record management systems and activities, making their disposal simpler. In document management, the disposal and preservation of documents is the company’s own decision, and usually their disposal occurs when the life cycle of a document has been come to its term
Record Management Lifecycle
Record Management Lifecycle refer to the various stages of a records, from its initial creation until its preservation or disposal.
The lifecycle can be split into 2 phases according to the status of the records, which can be either active (meaning that they are being currently in use), or inactive (once they are no longer required in the day to day operations).
RECORD RETENTION SCHEDULE
Establish retention periods based directly on metadata, then automate and schedule record deletion for disposition purposes.
Automate the management of your whole record lifecycle, from the moment active documents are archived until the disposition date of your expired record.
Easily retrieve information across all your record repositories with an enterprise-wide search tool.
RECORDS CLASSIFICATION & INDEXING
Self-regulated record repository with metadata indexing.
Keep track of your records history, the list of changes, users and viewers, with a real-time reporting tool.
Fully secure access with credential access restricted by level-based permissions.
SIMPLE, AUTOMATED AND CENTRALIZED
MANAGE YOUR RECORDS LIKE NEVER BEFORE.
Records Management Solution Examples
Why do businesses choose Reva Solutions for their document management needs?
We’ve built our brand one client, one project at a time.
Over 15 years of working with various organizations across various industries worldwide.
ECM is our space, it has been since day one and we’ve stayed committed and focused on ECM technologies.
We’ve kept up to the latest offerings and our team is able to react quickly to our clients changing requirements.