Organizations are eliminating paper, cutting costs, and dramatically increasing business productivity with document management.
Today, navigating any business’s intricate labyrinth of incoming and existing documents and information is a challenge. Information is stored in diverse media such as paper, print and electronic images, voice mails, faxes, emails, and websites. Finding the answers you need to run your business efficiently and serve your customers well can be a tedious process. A Web-based integrated electronic document management software (EDMS) solution simplifies the process of capturing, storing, centralizing, organizing, and accessing information, delivering what you need whenever you need it. Converting to a paperless office provides you with the means to control the flow of information company-wide, provide better and faster service, and gain (and retain) a competitive edge in the marketplace. Organizations are eliminating paper, cutting costs, and dramatically increasing business productivity with document management.
Sometimes referred to as an enterprise content management (ECM) system, an integrated document management (IDM) and content management system enables organizations to capture, store, index, and retrieve information digitally. It enables authorized persons to access electronic files, data, documents, and other information over the Web, preventing the delays inherent in paper-based processes. Whether you prefer to store your documents centrally or to simply point to the location of data stored in other systems, indexing and intelligent search deliver fast, accurate, and timely information.
The benefits of secure document and electronic document (e-document) management are extremely widespread, and switching to a paperless office has never been easier. Organizations can access information digitally, getting instant and secure access to documents. Better document access—through a standard Web browser—facilitates efficient online document retrieval. Managing electronic business documents is simplified, since electronic document retrieval can be achieved with the click of a mouse.
Electronic document management software system helps you maximize efficiency and get rid of paper. Your organization can:
- Collect consistent, complete information while avoiding data redundancy in multiple systems, aided by digital imaging, barcode software, online forms, and integration capabilities that are part of our integrated document management suite
- Guarantee information security, ensuring only preauthorized persons are able to view, annotate, sign, approve, or otherwise act upon documents and data stored in the system, in accordance with your company’s rules
- Implement business process automation via digital workflow, routing your documents in accordance with your organization’s business rules, facilitating approvals, denials, and signatures, and expediting processing
- Automate document archival and purging based on established retention schedules
- Engage in disaster recovery and business continuity planning to ensure your business continues to operate 24/7, even in the event of a catastrophic event
- Integrate extensively with existing applications and technologies throughout your organization, leveraging data stored in other systems, enhancing enterprise-wide communication, and enabling you to provide better service and quicker answers to customers
- Manage incoming work volumes, bottlenecks, departmental and individual productivity, and make better, faster decisions based on real-time information
- Facilitate audits with automated reports of transactions and interactions with all documents and data
- Comply with government and industry regulations
- Add to significant out-of-the-box functionality with customization and services that address your organization’s unique challenges