A web content management system (web CMS) is a bundled or stand-alone application used to create, manage, store, and deploy content on Web pages. Web content includes text and embedded graphics, photos, video, audio, and code (e.g., for applications) that renders other content or interacts with the user. A web CMS may also catalog or index content, select or assemble content at runtime, or deliver content to specific visitors in a personalized way, such as in different languages.
Typically, clients come to Reva if they need :
- Streamlined content creation – allowing intuitive real time or collaborative editing
- Increased Web Site Effectiveness - Enable rapid, controlled site updates in addition to link management
- Globalize Content Deployment - Deploy multilingual content with full support for internationalization
- Improve Customer/Partner/Supplier Experience - Simplify content personalization, provide better access to information through categorization and tagging
- Website Cost Control without Sacrificing Quality - Deliver content quickly, accurately, and globally
- Website Consolidation - Manage sites and content with a single point of access
- Mobile Web Content Management –Access and engage with your site through a variety of mobile devices
Unsure if web content management is an issue? Here are some questions to ask:
- Is there an IT Bottleneck to publishing fresh content to the sites - need to have secure publishing of content to sites by non technical users?
- Do you have manual processes to publish content to site?
- Do you want to move away from static HTML on your web site?
- Do you need to provide dynamic market content and personalized content based upon user preferences?
- Do you need to set triggers to ensure that content is up to date based on regulatory or contractual agreements?
- Are concerned about the high cost of running your web site?
- Do you have to hire contractors to support administration of your site?
- Is your site/portal integrated with many systems via custom code and manual processes?
- Are you having difficulty keeping websites, intranets, extranets synchronized?
- Are you challenged by the global growth that causes disparate, non-uniform websites?
- Are you unable to leverage content across sites--leading to high re-creation costs?
- Is there a high cost to personalize common content across websites to meet needs of different markets?
- Do you need to integrate web and portal content?
- Does your company run multiple websites or portals serving different constituencies (customer, partners and employees) ?
- Does your company maintain websites and portals in multiple languages serving multiple geographies?
- Is your company interested in the scale economies of leveraging content across multiple sites or delivery channels?
- Is your company interested in reducing the amount of manual labor involved in publishing content to websites and portals?